Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dalton Ghetti



A friend of mine introduced me to this artist on Sunday. He carves standard pencils using a razor blade, sewing needle, and sculpting knife (notice I didn't include a magnifying glass in that list).


"I don’t make money from it but I would love a gallery owner in England to fly me over and put on a show."



It takes Ghetti anywhere from a few months to a few years to complete each project, depending on the complexity.

The carving below of the 2 pencils connected by a chain is the most impressive to me, but the detail of all of them are astounding.

Did you think to yourself "what happens to the broken pencils"? I did. If a pencil breaks when he's near finished, it becomes an addition to his "Graveyard" piece:

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely incredible. I can't believe he gets that detail without a magnifying glass!

    ReplyDelete